"Construction or destruction."
"Let's get technical!"
- The Engineer
The Engineer is one of the available Soldier classes in Strike Force Heroes 2 and 3, replacing the Medic of Strike Force Heroes. He is adept at using assault rifles and SMGs and has the power to deploy technological contraptions he makes.
In Campaign, the Engineer's name is confirmed to be Nathan. He uses a Famas and Battle Turrets. Nathan also has leadership in him, where he tells the Strike Force what to do during certain occasions.
The Engineer is a well-rounded class, for his assault rifles are a balanced weapon. Although he can use SMG's as well, the assault rifle is a preferred choice due to it's better range, accuracy, and power. The Engineer excels in defeating Juggernauts and Mercenaries with his medium range weapons. However, the Engineer has low health, so a Mercenary with an Explosive can defeat him quite easily.
Not only do his weapons fight well, but his killstreaks can do almost as good. His turrets are his signature contraption; they do decent damage at a slightly short range. He also makes Combat Drones which follow him around during their given time. He can stack drones, which can significantly up the ante.
The Engineer's playstyle is Support. His turrets and well-ranged weapons defend his team and can do moderate damage on the offense.
Strike Force Heroes 3
The Engineer returns to SFH3 as one of the 9 Soldier classes to play. He is the first class to be unlocked. His weapons of choice are Rifles (Assault Rifles) and Explosives which in the start, is equipped with a Honey Badger.
Similar in SFH2, his killstreaks are turrets. There is the Shotgun variant and the Rocket variant.
- If the Engineer has a gadget deployed, as the Engineer dies, so will the machine.
- With the Efficiency passive skill equipped, Combat Drones only take 2 kills to build. It will massively increase the amount of drones you can stack.
- Repair Bots originally healed 5x faster, but it was nerfed to 4x due to it seeming overpowered.
- It COULD be possible he was one of the infected in the first one and was cured. As he knows about the "Alpha squad."
- In Raze 3, as a Premium content bonus, a player can select a soldier with Nathan's skin.
- Nathan, the Engineer can be seen as a mind controlled being in the story line cutscene at the beginning of SFH3.
- Nathan is unlocked as a Unique Hero in Strike Force Heroes 3.
The Engineers name is Nathan (second name is unknown), he is a Canadian 6'1 tall male, he weighs about 185 pounds and he is 33 years old.
Nathan served the millitary for 12 years before being dishonorable discharged because of his reckles behavior and love for glory. After the Dischargement, he decided to train (presumably alone) for several years before showing his skill and technical prowess to the Strike Force Heroes, and was then announced to the role and The Engineer.
The Engineer has several times called the main character rookie, clearly portraying a friendly attitude towards the protagonist, as canonically, you've only joined a day before the storyline begins.
Nathan often takes on a leader-like role in the squad, and most of the other heroes seem to acknowledge this, and are either accepting of it or they don't mind it.
In Strike Force Heroes 3, Nathan is instead regarded as an American instead of a Canadian, and he is 34 instead of 33, likely just to portray that a year has passed between SFH2 and SFH3.